WHAT DOES A RECOVERY COACH DO?
We bridge the gap between treatment and long-term recovery.
A recovery coach facilitates the actions necessary to empower an individual in remaining free from drugs, alcohol and other self-harming actions or addictions.
We understand the loneliness and isolation that often accompanies the many changes of life in early recovery.
Together we will develop a personalized road map to create a life worth living.
I engage with individuals in all stages of recovery – whether a client has just been discharged from a residential treatment center; is part of a sober living/outpatient day program; or is living independently and facing a difficult transition process.
THIS MAY INCLUDE:
- Meeting with the family unit to provide the highest value in the recovery environment for both the client and his/her family
- Safe transport to/from Treatment, Private Care, Doctor Appointments, Events and/or appearances
- Coaching services 24/7 or hourly depending on client’s needs
- Creating a relapse prevention plan
- Development of goals, actionable steps, and tools for a healthy mind and body
- Education in stress reduction techniques
- Observed medication
- Support in finding a sponsor
- Assistance in navigating social situations
- Guidance in establishing healthy relationships
- Coordination with discharge team if client is leaving a Treatment Center
- Collaboration with psychiatrists, therapists, sober living and outpatient programs
- Referral to various professionals as needed
- Assistance in finding safe and comfortable meetings in a support program of client’s choice
- Implementing a nutritional, exercise, and self-care plan
- Help with budgeting and money management issues
- Direction in re-establishing trust with family, friends and business associates
- Career and Academic mentorship
- Ongoing monitoring for legal or other accountability purposes
ALWAYS COMPLETELY DISCREET AND TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL